Otto Von Münchow offers a new challenge on his blog In Flow: show a photo that breaks as many rules of photography as possible. The rules are ‘the box’; knowing these rules you can deliberately go ‘outside the box’. Otto quotes ten regularly occurring rules, I think I managed to break a few with this photo:
1) Focus on the centre of interest.
2) Fill the frame with the subject.
3) Do not shoot between 10 am and 3 pm (the light is too harsh).
4) Don’t shoot against the light.
5) Hold the camera steady.
6) Follow the rule of third, e.g. 1/3 sky and 2/3 land or vice versa.
7) Obey the light meter.
8) Photograph children (or pets) at their own eye level.
9) Avoid lens flare when shooting against the sun.
10) Keep the camera level with the horizon.